If you have a web site, blog or online store, SEO can help your business grow and meet the business objectives. In addition it is also a great way to increase the quality of their web sites by making them user- friendly (improve the user experience and usability of a web site), faster and easier to navigate.
Search engine optimization is Important for Business because:
1. Higher brand credibility and trust among users:
The majority of search engines users are more likely to choose one of the top 5 suggestions in the results page so to take advantage of this and gain visitors to your web site or customers to your on-line store you need to rank as higher as possible. For example: 60% percent clicks go to the first result. To secure that top spot on a search engine, SEO is certainly the tool needed. Having your website in these top positions on the result pages translates to more exposure for your website and brand visibility.
2. Local SEO:
By utilizing specific keywords, taking advantage of local listings on the Internet, encouraging reviews and maintaining a consistent social media presence, local businesses can take advantage of SEO trends to gain a strong competitive edge. The benefits are:
- Greater amounts of people search for local places to find products they’re interested in. So, a person using it correctly can attract people from the local area and can rank very highly and very quickly up the search engine results for that particular area.
- Less competition: It’s easier to rank for a local keyword than a national one.
- Route to market is much faster: Top local SEO positions can be achieved with 1-3 months.
- Dominate your market. Ranking in the top positions for your local business keyword enables you to grow your business much faster and get a strong foothold in your local area.
3. Your own 24-hour marketing team:
An SEO website works like having a 24-hour marketing team dedicated to your company. Even after you lock up your office, SEO is still working.
4. Social promotion of your web site:
People who find your web site by searching Google or Yahoo are more likely to promote it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or other social media channels.
5. Smooth running of a big web site:
Web sites with more than one author can benefit from SEO in a direct and indirect way. Their direct benefit is increase in search engine traffic and their indirect benefit is having a common framework (checklists) to use before publishing content on the site.
6. Ahead of the competition:
If two web sites are selling the same thing, the search engine optimized web site is more likely to have more customers and make more sales.
7. Results are low cost (In comparison to Adwords and PPC):
Organic listings are essentially free. When you are listed at the top, you don’t need to pay per click or allocate a budget for advertising, one of the main benefits of SEO.
8. Measurable results:
SEO is one of the few marketing strategies where it is easy to quantify the results of your efforts by analyzing search engine position reports, site statistics, visitor conversion rates and other key indicators.
9. The Results are Permanent:
Unlike advertisements the affects of SEO are Permanent. They don’t suddenly stop if you stop paying for them. Of course you will need a little upkeep to maintain that top 1st spot ranking, but if you can get that top spot chances are it will be quite difficult for it to get taken away.
10. Definite increase in traffic:
With Analytics and reporting tools, you’ll see a clear cut increase in traffic. SEO will give you results (not immediately but rather quickly). Using tools to track traffic to your site, you can clearly watch as more people visit your site and sales go through the roof.
11. Better ROI (Return on Investment) than normal ads:
When you buy 1000 visitors from a paid ad, 2% of those visitors might convert into a sale. When you get 1000 clicks from SEO, 4% of those visitors will convert into a sale, leading to a better return on investment. This higher conversion rate is just another one of the benefits of SEO that cannot be matched by any other form of marketing. Google searches get people who are actually looking for your product.
12. Connect with motivated prospects:
SEO is one of the few marketing strategies where your targeted audiences are actively engaged in the process of seeking information about organizations just like yours.
13. Take your business to the next level:
SEO can bring it thousands upon thousands of visitors to your website a day. This may put your company in a position of needing to expand to a larger web server to accommodate the traffic and sales to your website. Your customers may recommend you a product or service that they were looking for when they visited your website.
14. Makes you stand out:
There are well over 250 million websites on the web. It can be pretty hard to make a name for yourself with that many out there, especially if your product or service is highly competitive. Using SEO will make your brand stand out from the rest and can easily be the boost that you need to see your sales go through the roof.
15. Access to customer data:
Customer data is extremely valuable in this business and is not that hard to come by with the right tools. Manipulating it to your advantage can be exponentially beneficial for your business.
- You can discover new products to expand to by looking at keyword data and seeing what people are searching the most for.
- You can use this find a high search volume keyword with low competitiveness and although that may be hard to find it has the potential to bring in thousands of sales per month to your website.